This comprehensive research database provides easy access to a wealth of full-text, science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student researcher's needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other reliable sources. In addition, the database includes a vast collection of images from sources such as UPI, Getty, NASA, National Geographic and the Nature Picture Library.
An Extensive Collection of Full-Text Science Resources
Spectacular Image Collection
In addition to full-text coverage, Science Reference Center includes the Science Image Collection, a database of more than 270,000 high-quality science images from National Geographic, UPI, Getty, NASA and – most recently – Nature Picture Library. Based in the U.K., Nature Picture Library provides thousands of stunning photographs from more than 300 of the world’s best nature and wildlife photographers. The collection features images of wild animals and plant species from around the world, pets, people, landscapes and the environment. The Science Image Collection also includes hundreds of proprietary science illustrations, charts, and graphs.
School Curriculum Support
By providing a wide range of topics, Science Reference Center satisfies the demand for standards-based content by providing teachers and librarians with articles correlated to state and national curriculum standards. The database contains a wealth of informational texts as well as real-world examples of the application of mathematical concepts in scientific research. Other features and benefits include:
- Reading measures (Lexiles®) to address text complexity requirements
- Text-to-Speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers and those learning English
- Lesson plans aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Curriculum Standards Module, a tool that helps teachers correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state or provincial curriculum standards
- Available via EBSCOhost, Explora or the dedicated Science Reference Center interface, which allows users to browse topics by category and have quick access to science experiments, a citation tool and helpful research guides
Full-Text Science Periodicals:
Aviation Week & Space Technology
Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists