EBSCOhost is a customizable, intuitive search experience that caters to user needs and preferences at every level of research, with more than 375 full-text and secondary databases available.
The EBSCOhost User Experience
- EBSCOhost provides Basic and Advanced Search Screens to accommodate both novice and experienced researchers. The Guided Style Advanced Search Screen assists users in creating more targeted searches with more sophisticated limiters.
- The Digital Archives Viewer provides an exciting content format with a wide range of features and functionality of interest to all types of users.
- Multilanguage searching enables users to search in any Latin-based language as well as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew and Arabic. The EBSCOhost interface has been localized into 25 non-English languages, with more in development, providing non-English speaking users with an easier, more intuitive search experience.
- My EBSCOhost provides users with a password-protected storage option. Once a personalized folder account (My EBSCOhost) has been created, users can save individual search results, search histories, persistent links to searches, Search Alerts, and Journal Alerts across multiple sessions, for use in future sessions. EBSCO's My EBSCOhost folder functionality allows users to sort and efficiently manage results within multiple, customizable folders.
- Search Alerts save time by enabling users to create automatic email deliveries to designated recipients of new results for their most recently conducted searches.
- Journal Alerts provide automatic email notification whenever a new issue of the designated journal has been added to a specified database.
- EBSCO's One-Step RSS Feed Alerts allow users who wish to receive updated EBSCOhost search results on a newsreader or web page to instantly capture a syndicated RSS feed URL whenever they conduct a search in EBSCOhost.
Coming in 2015: New EBSCOhost for Public Libraries interface!