This resource provides nurses and healthcare professionals with patient information handouts that can be customized, printed and given to a patient at the point of care. Patient Education Reference Center (PERC) handouts are easy to read, include medical illustrations and are available in multiple languages.
Patient Education Reference Center Handouts Educate Patients on Multiple Topics Including:
- Diseases and conditions
- Procedures and lab tests
- Wellness and prevention
- Patient-friendly drug information
- Discharge instructions
Customizing and Branding Features
Patient Education Reference Center patient handouts offer the following options:
- Nurses can personalize handouts with notes for individual patients
- Handouts can be branded with a hospital’s name and logo
- All handouts can be printed, e-mailed or saved
- Nurses can create and share folders for frequently used handouts
Integrates with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
Patient Education Reference Center can be integrated into a hospital’s EMR system, or intranet, allowing nurses quick access to patient handouts while viewing the patient’s medical record.
Learn more about Integration with EMRs.
- Institutions that also subscribe to Nursing Reference Center can access many of PERC’s patient handouts directly from the NRC interface
- Patient Education Reference Center handouts are provided in English and Spanish with an optional upgrade to include handouts in 15 additional languages