Evidence-Based Information Helps Hospitals Meet TJC Standards
Nursing Reference Center Plus including CINAHL Complete, and Patient Education Reference Center provide hospitals with evidence-based material that helps them satisfy applicable Joint Commission Standards.
Joint Commission standards are a set of standards that can help health care organizations measure, assess, and improve performance, with a focus on safe, high-quality patient care. The Joint Commission accredits and certifies health care organizations that meet these standards.
Resources Help Hospitals Meet Applicable Joint Commission Standards in Many Areas
Nursing Reference Center Plus including CINAHL Complete
Together, these databases provide hospitals with evidence-based information including summaries of diseases and conditions, nursing skills and procedures, drug information, access to top nursing journals, reference material for nurse management and leadership and much more.
These resources are crucial tools to use in the improvement of clinical nursing competencies and prevention of Never Events allowing hospitals to meet many applicable Joint Commission standards in areas including:
- Rights and Responsibilities of the Individual
- Provision of Care, Treatment, and Services
- Medication Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Human Resources
- Information Management
EBSCO’s Nursing Resources Help Hospitals Meet TJC Standards for Patient Education
PERC provides nurses with evidence-based patient education material that can help nurses explain a condition or procedure to a patient and supply them with a handout. These resources help hospitals meet Joint Commission Standards and goals which focus on patient education including:
- Provide patient education based on each patient’s needs and abilities
- Inform and educate the patient about follow-up care after discharge
- Respect the patient’s right to receive information he or she understands
- Improve the safety of using medications
- Reduce the risk of health-care-associated infections
- Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls