The app supports the complete EBSCO eBooks experience, allowing users to discover e-books in your collection, download them to their device, and begin reading immediately, all within the EBSCO eBooks app.
With the app your users can:
- Search and browse your entire EBSCO eBooks collection
- Place holds on popular titles
- Download titles to the app and read even when they’re offline
- Sync bookmarks and recent position in the same title across mobile devices
- Customize the reading experience by adjusting font size, brightness, margins, and more
- Easily return e-books to your collection when they finish reading
How to Download EBSCO eBooks to Mobile Devices Using the EBSCO eBooks app
- Download the EBSCO eBooks app from Google Play or iTunes
- Find your library and sign in to access their collection
- Search and browse to find the titles you're interested in
- Download an EBSCO eBooks by clicking on the "Download" link on the search result page or from within the detailed record
- Select your preferred checkout period and click "Checkout & Download"
- The title automatically opens in the EBSCO eBooks app
- Begin reading the title in the app, bookmark your place for later, and return it to the library's collection when finished
*In order for EBSCO eBooks to be read on a mobile device the user must register the app with their free Adobe ID. eBooks can be read in a in a PDF or EPUB format. App is compatible with Android and iOS devices as well as Kindle Fire and Nook.
**If your library does not participate in the EBSCO eBooks app, we recommend using the free Bluefire Reader app, also available via the Google Play and iTunes stores.
How to View EBSCO eBooks on Your Computer
- Download EBSCO eBooks title by clicking on the “Download” link on the search result page or from within the detailed record
- Select your preferred checkout period and click “Checkout & Download”
- eBook is downloaded and viewable via Adobe® Digital Editions* on your computer
*This free software can be installed from the Adobe® website, if not already on your computer or device.