Build a Collection with Guaranteed Usage
EBSCO’s Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA) program is a great collection development and acquisition model that helps libraries to preserve their budget while maintaining control over the collection development process.
Create PDA title lists for your library using specific criteria, and then expose the bibliographic records to end users without purchasing the titles. A title on the PDA list is triggered for purchase when a patron directly accesses the title, guaranteeing that only those titles with usage are purchased.
Note: Similar to the PDA program, GOBI customers can include EBSCO eBooks as part of their Demand-Driven Acquisitions (DDA) program.
Three easy steps to set up Patron Driven Acquisition lists for EBSCO eBooks:
- Build a collection — Select titles appropriate for the interests of your patron base—whether you’re looking for content from a specific publisher or frontlist titles in a particular subject area.
- Expose the titles to your patrons — Load the bibliographic records to your catalog. This allows users to discover titles by browsing or searching the library collection.
- Buy only what gets used — A purchase is triggered when a patron:
- Downloads an e-book title
- Views an e-book for more than ten minutes
- Views more than ten pages of an e-book
- Prints, emails, or copies and pastes a portion of an e-book page