Social Work Reference Center™ is a turnkey information resource for social workers and mental health professionals. Created by a multi-specialty editorial team, Social Work Reference Center covers a wide array of topics such as adolescent health, aging, end-of-life care, clinical social work, and diversity. Content is organized in a way that makes it easy for users to get answers to questions quickly and easily. Take a minute to review all that Social Work Reference Center has to offer.
See how Social Work Reference Center can help you:
- Increase speed and accuracy of decisions at the point of care
- Meet continuing education requirements
- Ensure treatment decisions are made based on the most current evidence
- Improve safety by reinforcing competencies
- Easily access premier social work and medical journals
- Provide patients with patient information materials
Develop your digital toolbox for point-of-care social work
No other digital reference tool offers social workers the breadth and depth of specialized resources featured in Social Work Reference Center. Social workers and mental healthcare professionals will benefit from content including:
- Evidence-Based Quick Lessons: Evidence-Based Quick Lessons are summaries of common conditions which include information on causes and risk factors; contraindications and precautions; assessment and care plans; desired outcomes and outcome measures; best practices; and prevention.
- Evidence-Based Care Sheets: Evidence-Based Care Sheets are summaries of the best and most current clinical data applicable to specific diseases and conditions. All evidence is evaluated according to a 7-step evidence-based methodology to ensure the best and most current evidence is presented.
- Clinical Assessment Tools: Clinical Assessment Tools are designed for assessing a client through devices used for measuring a given phenomenon (e.g., pain or coping). These can include interviewing, research tools, a questionnaire, or a set of guidelines for observation.
- Continuing Education Modules: Continuing Education Modules are designed to help social workers and mental health professionals satisfy their CE credits online. Each CE module consists of course material, an interactive review, and a competency test with a certificate of successful completion.
- Practices and Skills: Topics detailing the necessary steps to achieve proficiency in a specific clinical task, including competency checklists which can be used to determine proficiency in performing needed skills.
- Patient Education Handouts: Patient Education Handouts are easy-to-read handouts, include detailed medical illustrations, and are available in both English and Spanish.
- Drug Information: Extensive drug information from AHFS Drug Information Essentials.
- Journals: Full text from top social work and psychology journals can be included in Social Work Reference Center search results. (Additional subscription required).
Information you can trust
Social Work Reference Center is written by a respected editorial faculty that creates content using a strict evidence-based editorial policy focused on systematic identification, evaluation, and consolidation of the most current clinical research. Our goal is to support social workers and mental health professionals in their decision-making process by providing objective and unbiased information so they can make the best decisions for their patients.