This resource provides nurses and healthcare professionals with patient information handouts that can be customized, printed and given to a patient at the point of care. Patient Education Reference Center (PERC) handouts are easy to read, include medical illustrations and are available in multiple languages.
Medical Information for Patients and Caregivers
Patient Education Reference Center is certified for Meaningful Use Stage 2 Criteria
- Certified as an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Module for Meaningful Use Stage 2
- Supports Stage 2 Meaningful Use measures required for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Patient Education Handouts Educate Patients on Multiple Topics Including:
- Diseases and conditions
- Procedures and lab tests
- Wellness and prevention
- Patient-friendly drug information
- Discharge instructions
Customizing and Branding Features
- Nurses can personalize handouts with notes for individual patients
- Handouts can be branded with a hospital’s name and logo
- All handouts can be printed, emailed or saved
- Nurses can create and share folders for frequently used handouts
Integrates with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
Patient Education Reference Center can be integrated into a hospital’s EMR system or intranet, allowing nurses quick access to patient handouts while viewing the patient’s medical record.
Institutions that also subscribe to Nursing Reference Center can access many of PERC’s patient handouts directly from the Nursing Reference Center interface.
Patient Education Reference Center handouts are provided in English and Spanish with an optional upgrade to include handouts in 15 additional languages.
Advanced Search, with its elegantly laid-out tool set for crafting very precise search strategies, gives the user great control over the whole search process.– Library Journal