MARC Records Available Read More...
MARC 21 records for the Digital Archives collections, created by the information provider, are available free of charge to our customers. These high-quality title or collection level records conform to established national standards, including Library of Congress Name Authorities and Subject Headings, and provide enhanced multiple access points. The records include persistent URLs that provide links directly to each title in the collection. MARC 21 Records are available for this archival collection and can be accessed by a customer via their EBSCO ADMIN account. For questions or issues, please contact email@example.com.
Several prominent organizations are represented, including:
- Institute for Deaf, Dumb, and Blind Colored Youth of the State of Texas
- Gammon Theological Seminary
- Institute for Colored Youths
- Home for Aged and Infirm Colored Persons
Content featuring multiple religious denominations are represented,
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- The African Methodist Zion Church
- Numerous Baptist churches
This collection was developed in conjunction with the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) as part of an effort to preserve endangered serials related to African American religious life and culture.
The product of more than 10 years of organizing and collecting materials, the African American Historical Serials Collection is a complete, centralized and accessible resource of formerly fragmentary, widely-dispersed and endangered materials—titles were collected from 75 institutions, including small institutions that had not previously participated in preservation projects.
Now compiled and accessible to researchers in one digital collection, this unique resource documents the history of African American life and religious organizations from materials published between 1829 and 1922.
Collection content includes:
- More than 170 unique titles related to African American life and culture
- Approximately 60,000 pages of searchable primary source content
- Reports and annuals from African American religious organizations and social service agencies, as well as African American periodicals
- Extensive coverage of African American religious organizations, churches and institutions
– Choice Magazine