This selective list of books recommended for young people in grades 9 through 12 is invaluable for collection development and maintenance, reader's advisory and curriculum support in the high school library or young adult section of the public library.
Created by Librarians, for Librarians
An Impartial and Expert Aid
Senior High Core Collection contains entries for fiction and nonfiction works, including listings of review sources and other aids for librarians and school media specialists. Entries provide complete bibliographic data, price, subject headings, a descriptive annotation, evaluative quotations from a review and full-text reviews when available.
Selected and recommended by specialists in library service to young adults in high schools and public libraries across the United States, the books listed encompass a wide variety of topics for youth, with a special focus on contemporary literature and subjects covered in high school curricula.
- Content for collection development, readers’ advisory, and curriculum support
- Detailed descriptive records for more than 28,000 recommended books
- Coverage of graphic novels
- Full-text book reviews of recommended books
- “Similar Books” and “Other Books by this Author” suggestions in each book record
- Indicators for Starred Reviews, Best Lists, and Awards
- Titles are searchable by subject, author, grade level, Dewey Decimal number, and more
Print Edition available from Grey House Publishing
Click here to leave this site and view the print edition.
Indispensable for librarians and school media specialists involved with collection development and user advisory services. Highly recommended.– Choice