This is the world's largest abstracts database dedicated to plastics, rubber, polymer composites and adhesives. Compiled and written by the expert team at Smithers Rapra, this database sources information from journals, conference proceedings, books and reports to give you a comprehensive look at the information in your field.
The World’s Largest Database Dedicated to Plastics, Rubber, Polymeric Composites and Adhesives
Extensive Content from Relevant Source Materials
Polymer Library includes references from over 450 journals, together with conference papers, specifications and standards, books, reports, press releases, company literature, data sheets and directories. Also included are Patent records from 1994 - 2001.
Source material is predominantly English language, but does include items in a variety of languages where possible (all titles and abstracts are given in English). Coverage is international, with materials sourced from around the world including North America, Australia, across Europe, Japan, China and India.
Broad, Yet Focused Subject Coverage
All aspects of the science, technology and business of polymers are covered to meet the needs of all researchers.
- Science: Polymerisation and Synthesis; Processing and Treatment; Raw Materials and Monomers; Compounding Ingredients; Adhesives and Coatings; Properties and Testing; Composite Materials and Additives.
- Technology: End-use Applications; Processing and Treatment; Machinery; Test Equipment; Intermediate & Semi-finished Products; Additives.
- Business: Commercial Information; Health and Safety; Legislation Environmental Issues; Markets and Statistics; Trade Names; Product Announcements.
Support the Specific Needs of Your Researchers
- Subject overview - Catch up on all the important information on a specific topic area. The Polymer Library's comprehensive and historical coverage gives you the full picture.
- Testing - Find out if your experiment has been carried out before, or find similar research to help you progress. Information sources include hundreds of technical journals and conference proceedings.
- Filing a patent - Carry out a prior art search to find out if a technology or practice has been documented before. Comprehensive source material gives a better chance of finding that all-important reference.
- Techniques - Learn about new developments in your field. The Polymer Library database is updated with the latest information every week.
Polymer Library is somewhat distinctive among primary science and technology databases because it features unusually deep coverage not only of the scientific and technical aspects of polymers...but also equally thorough coverage of the legal, legislative, regulatory and business aspects of these materials.– CHOICE Magazine