This robust full-text database provides the most relevant information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes. It gives students, professors and researchers a complete foundation of literary reference works to meet any and all of their research needs.
The World’s Most Extensive Literary Reference Resource
Literary Reference Center Plus includes full-text resources focusing on plays/drama, poetry, religious literature and children's literature. This database also includes volumes of fantasy/science fiction, contemporary literature, world philosophy and religious literature, and literary study guides covering American Literature, English Literature and literary genres.
Updated weekly, Literary Reference Center Plus contains the following content and more:
- Full text for more than 130,000 classic and contemporary poems
- Informational texts on numerous literary genres, themes and forms, as well as critical essays on specific works and authors
- 250 critical essays about popular young adult (YA) literature titles, including film analyses
- New contemporary literature titles from Salem Press, including Critical Survey of Shakespeare’s Sonnets that provides historical context and analysis for 25 of the Bard's sonnets
- More than 750 full-text literary journals and magazines — including AGNI, Black Warrior Review, Five Points, Paris Review, River Teeth, Subtropics and Witness — featuring thousands of essays, fiction and poetry
- Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature, Continuum Encyclopedia of British Literature, Continuum Encyclopedia of Children's Literature, The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics and The Columbia Companion to the 20th Century American Short Story
- Literary glossary featuring more than 1,700 terms
- Research guides
Literary Reference Center Plus offers the following functionality:
- Dedicated, mobile-friendly interface available 24/7 via desktop, smartphone or tablet
- Simple search box for keyword, author and title searching
- Autocomplete and spell checker to ensure the correct search terms are applied
- Easy-to-browse categories of most studied authors and works
- Ability to sort search results by content type, publication date, subject or publication
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to support struggling readers, English language learners, or those who prefer listening to information
- Personal folders for saving and sharing content
- Ability to browse publications and other search indexes (such as images)
- Citation tool to help students format bibliographic references
- Ability to save, print and e-mail citations directly from the interface
Literary Reference Center Plus content is also available through EBSCO Discovery Service and EBSCOhost.