This robust full-text database provides the most relevant information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes—to give students, professors and researchers a complete foundation of literary reference works to meet any and all of their research needs.
In addition to all of the content in Literary Reference Center, Literary Reference Center Plus includes full-text resources focusing on plays/drama, poetry, religious literature, and children's literature. This database also includes volumes of fantasy/science fiction, contemporary literature, world philosophy and religious literature, and literary study guides covering American Literature, English Literature, and literary genres.
Updated weekly, Literary Reference Center Plus contains the following unique content:
- Nearly 35,000 additional full-text poems
- Nearly 1,500 additional full-text literary reference books/works
- New contemporary literature titles from Salem Press, including Critical Survey of Shakespeare’s Sonnets and the Introduction to Literary Context series.
- Nearly 300 additional full-text literary journals and magazines — including AGNI, Black Warrior Review, Five Points, Paris Review, River Teeth, Subtropics and Witness — featuring thousands of essays, fiction and poetry
- More than 600 full-text periodicals with examples of various writing styles and techniques
- More than 50 unique Critical Insights volumes
- 34 interactive literary study guides
- More than 80 literary videos pertaining to classic literary works and authors
- Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature, Continuum Encyclopedia of British Literature, Continuum Encyclopedia of Children's Literature, The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, and The Columbia Companion to the 20th Century American Short Story
Available via EBSCOhost or its own dedicated interface, Literary Reference Center Plus contains a collection of informational texts on numerous literary genres, themes, and forms, as well as critical essays on specific works and authors. Students can also find helpful research guides, a citation tool, and literary glossary.