Children’s Core Collection is the ideal collection development, readers’ advisory and curriculum support resource for educators and librarians working with elementary students. Containing more than 48,000 titles, this rich resource covers fiction and nonfiction works, story collections and picture books recommended for readers in preschool through sixth grade. In addition, it includes professional literature for children's librarians.
Develop Your Children's Collection with Expert Recommendations
Created by Librarians, for Librarians
Selected and recommended by specialists in library service to children, listed books within Children’s Core Collection encompass a wide variety of topics, including a new abundance of books on technology, social sciences and sciences. Books are searchable by subject, author, grade level, Dewey Decimal number and more.
- Content for collection development, readers’ advisory and curriculum support
- Complete bibliographic data for purchasing guidance
- Coverage of graphic novels
- Full-text book reviews of recommended books
- “Similar Books” and “Other Books by this Author” suggestions in each book record
- Starred reviews, book lists and awards notations within applicable records
View the print edition available from Grey House Publishing.
Individuals who work with children’s literature collections, teacher preparation programmes and those who work with library schools will find this a helpful [...] companion.– Languages and Literature