Leveraging the EDS Knowledge Base:
The technology behind LinkSource, a vendor-neutral OpenURL link resolver, leverages the power of the EDS Knowledge Base (the knowledge of a library’s complete holdings) to seamlessly connect researchers from an EDS index record to the corresponding full text of an article/item that is not available directly through EDS, but is available through the library. LinkSource leverages the journal-level metadata provided through EBSCO A-to-Z to quickly find full text through the library's holdings.
How LinkSource benefits researchers:
- Direct links to full text from the record eliminates time spent searching for full text access
- Seamless authentication for thousands of resources means guaranteed access, even for remote users
Benefits of LinkSource within the library:
- Supports item-level linking across all of a library's resources, including:
- Document Delivery Services
- Interlibrary Loan Services
- And more…
- It's a completely hosted solution—there is no need for additional on-site hardware
- Branding and customization options, including authentication methods, prioritization of resources in ranking lists, ability to add notes and icons to link menus, etc.
- Lets the library decide where to direct end users for the most appropriate copy of an article, including the ability to point end users to an ILL or document delivery option if no full text is owned by the library
Note: EDS can work with other link resolvers such as SFX
Seamlessly connect to full text available at your library with LinkSource.
(EDS also works with other resolvers such as SFX.)