This essential evidence-based nursing database provides nurses with a wealth of resources right at their fingertips. Nurses can quickly access point-of-care material, strengthen their nursing skills and access nursing literature.
Reference Material for the Point-of-Care
Nursing Reference Center provides nurses with evidence-based resources that they can access for quick reference at the point-of-care including:
- Quick Lessons providing disease and condition overviews that map to the nursing workflow
- Evidence-Based Care Sheets providing summaries of what is known about a disease or condition and the best treatment options
- Nursing Cultural Competencies providing information on how to treat patients from diverse cultures
- Patient education handouts
- Point-of-care drug information
Continuing Education for Nurses
NRC provides continuing educational modules containing course material, an interactive review, a module evaluation and a competency test with a certificate of completion. Nurses who successfully complete the module exam can obtain CEUs.
Resources to Improve Nursing Skills
Nurses can strengthen their nursing skills with the Nursing Practice and Skill Documents which provide an overview of a procedure or skill, desired outcome, facts and figures, step-by-step instructions and more. These resources help nurses develop nursing competency skills, critical thinking skills and communication skills. Nurse managers can use the corresponding Skill Competency Checklist to assess a nurse’s competency in the desired skill.
Nursing Reference Center Benefits your Hospital, Nursing Staff, and Patients
NRC supports nurses at the point-of-care resulting in a reduction of costly mistakes, an increase in the quality of care and improved patient outcomes.
Access to EBSCO’s evidence-based content can help hospitals achieve the following:
- Prevent hospital acquired infections and other mistakes
- Achieve Magnet® status
- Satisfy applicable Joint Commission Standards
- Avoid Serious Reportable Events
Integrates with Electronic Medical Records (EMRs)
Nursing Reference Center can be integrated into a hospital’s EMR system, or intranet, to save time and streamline workflow. Nurses can quickly access evidence-based point-of-care resources while viewing a patient’s medical record, and can link from documents within their EMR system directly to NRC resources.