For libraries and educators serving readers in grades five through nine, this collection provides indispensable help with collection development and maintenance, curriculum support, readers' advisory, and general reference.
Middle and Junior High Core Collection contains nonfiction works, fiction, and collections for children and adolescents, plus review sources and other professional aids for librarians and school media specialists. Entries provide complete bibliographic data, price, subject headings, a descriptive annotation, and evaluative quotations from a review when available.
Rich Literary Works for Young Readers
Selected and recommended by specialists in library service to young people, listed books encompass a wide variety of topics for youth. Among nonfiction entries, special importance is given to works devoted to technology, personal values, and current social and political issues, with special emphasis on ethnic diversity. Fiction entries encompass a broad spectrum of contemporary fiction and genre literature literary works that are of interest to young readers, including many titles that are frequently part of the school curriculum.
- Content for collection development, readers’ advisory and curriculum support
- Detailed descriptive records for more than 28,000 recommended books
- Coverage of graphic novels
- Full-text book reviews of recommended books
- “Similar Books” and “Other Books by this Author” suggestions in each book record
- Indicators for Starred Reviews, Book Lists, and Awards
- Books are searchable by subject, author, grade level, Dewey Decimal number, and more
- And much more…
Print Edition available from Grey House Publishing
Click here to leave this site and view the print edition.
Recommended to librarians and libraries at all levels...Easy to use, economical, and makes so much possible for anyone working with children's literature and collection development.– Booklist